Saturday, June 7, 2014

Foot Finale

Drum roll please!

If you have been following the saga of my right foot, and I have no idea why you would be - it is probably only of interest to me, but if you have, I had a pedicure today, 11 weeks and one day after third surgery on my right foot.  The first was to fix a bunion and hammer toe (photos of before and after here), that was in early March 2013. Some months after that I had a second surgery, very minor that time, to remove the screw that had been inserted to hold the bone together while it healed.  The screw could have stayed where it was but it was causing me discomfort so out it came.

Then in March 2014 I had the third surgery, to fix two more hammer toes. Eight weeks later the pins were removed (see here) and finally another three weeks later I can get that longed for pedicure.

Now all that is left is the 'pinky' on that foot and while it too is hammered, it is so small and insignificant it will probably stay in that state, unless it starts to bother me. I am very happy to report that so far the left foot remains sober - that is it is not hammered.

As you can see from this photo, there is still some redness and swelling, but that will go away very quickly, the important thing is that the toes are straight, less painful now than before the operation, and the pain will continue to subside as they heal, but most of all I was finally able to get a pedicure.

That is it, that, I hope, is all I have to say about my feet.

Almost normal
before the third operation





























No comments:

Post a Comment