Sunday, February 16, 2014

Another fun learning curve

I started giving serious consideration to buying embroidery design software. But the good stuff is always so expensive. I did learn a long time ago that buying cheap is not necessarily buying smart. So often buying cheap ends up costing more in the long run.

I know that I am now totally hooked on my embroidery machine, in fact I see the day, sometime in the faraway future, when it won't be enough and I will need a bigger, better, more sophisticated machine, but right now it is perfect .. but... I am buying designs for it, at between $2 and $8 per design. If I buy the software, not only could I create my own unique designs, I would also have the specific designs I want, instead of settling for what is available, maybe I could even sell my own in time! Not to mention a new hobby in the making, creating the designs.

I have scoured the Internet, specifically consulted my friends Google and Amazon, and on this occasion, Brother as they made my machine. I read as many reviews as I could find and not surprisingly, I have decided that the Brother software is the way to go. Then I had to convince myself that I can justify spending the money. I discussed the idea with my husband and he saw no reason why I shouldn't buy it. I convinced myself. So I took the plunge and ordered Brother PE Design Plus, from an Amazon merchant of course, iCanHelpSew, great service from them, free, fast delivery and very well packaged.



As soon as it arrived I installed it and started playing around with the various functionality. Then I headed to YouTube and searched out a few helpful video tutorials, finally transformed one of my photos into a sewing pattern using the software and, having learned my lesson, I tested it out on yet another piece of the rejected sheet. It didn't work.  But I played around with the software for a while and learned a whole lot more about it. I know I will get it to work for me, as I did the machine. It is just a matter of time and patience.

Then I imported a couple of the patterns I had purchased and embroidered two shirts, definitely faster than the hand embroidery.











No comments:

Post a Comment